Thursday, February 7, 2013

Everyone Has a Story

#etmooc and #ecmp355 followers have been conversing a lot about stories on Twitter lately.  How we tell stories has definitely changed over the years.  We are now able to share stories online, whether it be through Skype or SocialCam applications, YouTube, Wikis and even blogging.

The stories we are sharing can be sent around the world for others to hear, to inspire them, and to make a connection with someone we may have never met, or we may never meet.

The way people can make connections through others' stories and by listening to other people's stories is empowering. This video, from soulpancake on Youtube, shows the power listening to a stranger can have and shows how sharing a story can make us feel connected to someone, even a complete stranger.



I personally follow soulpancake's Channel on YouTube due to videos posted.  It is a very "feel good" channel with inspirational videos that make you reconsider who you are and what you are doing.

  "Rainn Wilson invites you to open 
your heart without feeling like an idiot. 
Stuff THAT in your brain hole."

This channel definitely makes me contemplate what I am doing and it helps me focus on the things that are important in my life, even if only for a moment. Check out their other videos such as Kid President and What Does Love look like to YOU? and let me know what you think!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Kendra! I've never even head of Soul Pancake before and right now I am wondering why not! I'm currently going through all their videos!!

    ReplyDelete