Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Olympic Bulletin Board

I never realized how exciting making a bulletin board could be until I had my own classroom. It is definitely challenging making a bulletin board for ESL students ranging in age from 8-16 and from beginner to advance in English language ability, but I am proud to say that I think and hope I have achieved a friendly bulletin board to all thee ages and abilities.
Here it is.  My Olympic bulletin board.

I printed the Olympic logo from the official website and printed it at 250% to enlarge it.

I also created a medal count board that will keep a medal count and provide a visual for students who may not watch the Olympics to see how many medals different countries have.
South Korea is at the top of my medal board so students can see how many medals their country has earned. I know I do not have all the countries on the board, but I do have the top 12 finishers from the 2010 Vancouver games.

Finally I made an "Olympic Torch". I was inspired by this page at Red Ted Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment